It's kind of a big deal...

Monday, June 3, 2013

Here we go again!

I have made a resolution. A resolution to be better about writing down the happenings in my life. Whether it be in my journal or on this here blog, I will be better!

Life is good here at the Dunn household. We are loving Summertime in our cool basement apartment, and at the moment we are eating popcorn and watching Happy Gilmore. Ain't it the life? Yes. Yes it is. Work is going well for me! I recently got transferred to Loss Prevention, which is basically the Scheels security team. I. Love. It. For the first time in about 7 months I wake up really excited to go to work! I get to people-watch all day long! It's like a dream come true! I also feel like I am doing something that will sorta contribute to my police-officering future, such as learning to write reports and all the excitement that goes along with it! I also got registered to go back to school, starting NEXT WEEK! I'm slightly nervous to go back after a semester off, but I also have missed school an awful lot and am really looking forward to it! Besides the fact that it is a statistics class that I am taking...we won't say anything else.

Phil is still doing his thang down at UVU, just rockin' the accounting world. He is such a stud. He is doing summer school and is now home a lot more often since he has a break from lacrosse! It is nice to see him every once in awhile! He keeps saying we can get a puppy...but I still do not have a puppy in my house. So I go to my parent's house and steal Sophie so I can get my doggy fill. She's the best, and she's housebroken. So it works out!

This summer will be awfully fun! We are headed up to Lava Hot Springs for the first time for both of us this weekend with the Dunn clan! I don't know how I feel about floating a river up north at the beginning of June, but it will be a fun little adventure I am sure! In August we are going to Reno to hang out with the BASSETTI'S!! HOOOOORRRAAAYYY!! I think I will start ordering some muscle relaxers for Phil right now before we get on the plane so he does not die on the way there. It should be an eventful little plane ride...

I also found out about a month ago that I will be going back to India in April 2014. I am so so excited to go back and see the little kids in India! We will not be returning to Shilai, which is where I went the first time, but I am excited to go wherever we end up going, and I know it will be another amazing adventure! If there are any readers out there of this blog, I am asking a favor of you for my trip. I am looking for businesses that would be willing to make a charitable donation to Youth Making a Difference. (The group I am going with.) If you know of any businesses or organizations I can get in contact with, please let me know by email - katie-99@hotmail.com. I appreciate it!

Well, that is all for now! I love my life. I love my husband. I love India. I love Happy Gilmore.

KTD

No comments:

Post a Comment